WHEN TO PERFORM MAINTENANCE ON MY FURNACE?
Below is our Preventative Maintenance Checklist. By following these guidelines, you will see why this is our proven method for ensuring that your heating and cooling system will be running at peak performance and will ensure your comfort year round.
- For systems that heat and cool: spring and fall maintenance should be performed
- Maintenance for a cooling system only: maintenance should be performed at least once a year, before spring.
- Maintenance for a furnace only: maintenance should be performed at least once a year, before the fall season.
OUR HVAC PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
HVAC Maintenance Charlotte NC - By choosing our Sky HVAC maintenance plan, we agree to provide you with a complete factory precision tune-up and professional cleaning for your heating and air conditioning equipment. The following tasks will be performed by our HVAC preventative maintenance technicians depending on the type of unit you have.
- clean dirt, debris and leaves from inside unit
- Inspect unit for correct refrigerant level and adjust accordingly
- Inspect base pan for blocked drain openings - remove obstruction and clean if necessary
- Inspect cabinet and coil - and clean as needed
- Inspect fan motor - older models may require additional lubricant
- Inspect fan blades for damage or wear
- Inspect control box, controls/accessories, connections and wiring. Controls may include relays, contactors, capacitors, circuit boards, sump heat and additional accessories. We will also check the control box and electrical parts for any wear or damage.
- Inspect the compressor and associated tubing for wear or damage
- Inspect and clean the blower housing, assembly, blower wheel and motor
- For older models, inspect fan belt and replace if needed - lubricate motor if needed
- Inspect combustion blower housing for debris and lint - and clean as needed
- Inspect gas furnaces for gas leaks
- Inspect drain pan, evaporator coil and condensate drain lines - clean if needed
- Inspect safety controls and ignition system - adjust and clean as needed
- Inspection of burner assembly - adjust and clean as needed
- Inspect heating elements or heat exchanger
- Inspect control box, connections and wiring, and associated controls
- Inspection of flue system - check furnace for proper attachment, signs of corrosion and for any dislocated sections - replace if necessary
- Replace or clean air filters
- Inspect the condition of airflow system and airflow from vents (ductwork) - check for air leaks
WHILE YOUR SYSTEM IS OPERATING
- Monitoring of system starting capabilities and characteristics
- Search for any unusual odors - find source if found
- Listen for any unusual or abnormal noise
- Monitor heat pump system and air conditioning for correct refrigerant charge
- Measure indoor wet and dry bulb temperature
- Measure outdoor dry bulb temperature
- Measure low and high side system pressures
- Check gas furnace and monitor for correct manifold and line gas pressure - make adjustments if necessary
- Measure rise of temperature and adjust airflow if needed
- Monitor system for proper line and load amps/volts
- Check system vent for proper operation
- Monitor system for correct operation per the manufacturer's specifications
- Provide a complete system operation report and recommend replacements or repairs if needed
704-960-1775 Schedule Service
Choose experience and commitment
call today for our HVAC Maintenance Service in Charlotte (704) 960-1775