For the homeowner, humid air can be a source of discomfort, health issues from mold, and repair bills from moisture damage. Sky HVAC is your local professional that can help you choose the proper dehumidifier for your home and then install it to keep annoying, problematic moisture out of your house. We strive to provide top-of-the-line service by hiring only the best technicians and customer service representatives. Aside from this, our goal is to provide honest and affordable services by using flat-rate pricing.
Consider working with us on your next AC installation service call, we provide multiple top notch brands and prompt service!
The Benefits of a Dehumidifier
While your air conditioning unit does take out some humidity from the air, it does not remove all of it. A dehumidifier can help keep water from forming stains on your walls and ceilings as well as help to keep your family healthy. Here are a few other benefits of installing a dehumidifier in your home:
- Your home becomes less hospitable to mold, allergens, dust mites, and mildew. This is part of the reason it can keep you healthier, but also makes cleaning easier
- Mold and mildew create musty odors. Dehumidifiers can help get rid of the smell and keep these problems at bay
- Moisture in the air is often responsible for mold and mildew growing in clothes, linens, and towels. Removing the moisture in the air mitigates this risk
- Less moisture means that food will last longer and electronics in the house are no longer at risk of rust and corrosion
- Running a dehumidifier can actually reduce energy costs. This is because your AC unit will not have to work as hard to keep your home cool and to combat the humidity
Should You Consider a Dehumidifier?
These benefits of owning a dehumidifier seem great, but you don’t need one–do you? It is easy to become acclimated to a certain level of humidity in your home. Although you might not notice it, other people will. If you read the above list and recognize or relate to any of those problems, you should consider the installation of a dehumidifier. There are actually a couple other signs that you should consider this appliance:
- Condensation on the windows of your home
- High humidity rooms that don’t have ventilation (bathrooms with no windows)
- A damp basement with no evidence of water intrusion
- Visible mold- if you keep your home relatively clean, mold shouldn’t sporadically grow
Call Your Sky Guy if You’re Unsure
The last thing you want is to spend money on an unnecessary appliance for your home. If you’ve read the benefits and the signs you need a dehumidifier and are still thinking, ‘yes, but…’ call Sky HVAC. We can provide you with a consultation, answer any of your questions, and from there let you decide what is best for your home.
Excess humidity can be uncomfortable and inconvenient, just like filthy air. Consider using our UV air sanitizers to purify the air you breathe at home!