AC Tune-Ups in Charlotte & Hickory
Your air conditioner holds the key to your comfort as the summer months heat up. Before the temperature starts to rise, we recommend scheduling an AC tune-up in Charlotte and Hickory. Not only will it ensure your comfort, but it will also ensure you remain compliant with any warranty requirements established by the manufacturer.
Our teams have extensive experience with a wide range of residential and commercial air conditioning systems. Whether you have a central cooling system, commercial rooftop mounted system, or ductless mini-split, we have the expertise you can depend on for year-round comfort.
Contact Sky HVAC at 704-960-1775 to schedule an AC tune-up in Charlotte or Hickory! We will dispatch a certified, licensed, and fully-insured HVAC technician to your home at the earliest possible opportunity.
What We Include in a Tune-Up
AC tune-ups are designed to ensure your system operates at maximum efficiency and reliability. To that end, our AC tune-up services include the following and more:
- Cleaning the condenser coil
- Flushing condensate drain
- Calibrating your thermostat
- Inspecting the system for refrigerant leaks
- Examination and tightening of all electrical components
- Inspecting the blower belt and fan motor for signs of damage
- Inspecting for rust, bulges, and other damage
- Inspecting and changing the oil filter
- Checking return and supply air vents for damage and blockages
For more information about the multi-point inspection we perform on your air conditioning systems, contact Sky HVAC at 704-960-1775.
Benefits of Annual AC Tune-Ups
Your air conditioner is a machine, and like all machines, the better you take care of it, the better it will perform. Annual tune-ups of your air conditioner system will deliver numerous benefits, including:
- Improved energy-efficiency
- Lower electric bills
- Enhanced comfort
- Extended lifespan of your air conditioner
- Decreased repair costs
- Improved indoor air quality
- Warranty compliance
We encourage you to contact Sky HVAC at 704-960-1775 to speak with our team and discover the advantages of hiring our team!
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do I need to get my AC tuned?
Air conditioning systems should be tuned once a year, usually in the spring so they are ready for summer heat.
Does spraying water on an outdoor AC unit help?
Spraying water on your air conditioner has been shown to help it run more efficiently by removing the accumulated dust, dirt, and debris from the path of the airflow that is necessary to keep it from overheating. Spray off the condenser coils a couple times a year to keep it in optimal shape.
What is included in AC Maintenance?
Annual AC maintenance ensures your system operates at maximum efficiency and reliability and includes:
· Cleaning the condenser coil.
· Flushing condensate drain.
· Calibrating your thermostat.
· Inspecting the system for refrigerant leaks.
· Examination and tightening of all electrical components.
· Inspecting the blower belt and fan motor for signs of damage.
· Inspecting for rust, bulges, and other damage.
· Inspecting and changing the oil filter.
· Checking return and supply air vents for damage and blockages.
How often should I have an AC tune up?
You should plan to have an AC tune-up at least once a year, usually in the spring before summer use.
What happens if my AC isn’t serviced?
Not servicing your AC allows dust to accumulate on the filters. This dust requires your unit to work much harder to cool your home which raises your energy bill. AC servicing also includes lubricating the parts to keep energy efficiency at its prime. AC maintenance and tune-ups allows for wear-and-tear checks and replacements to keep your unit functioning for years to come. Not doing all these things could lead to an expensive AC breakdown and higher energy bills.
Is an AC tune up worth it?
Yes. Taking care of your AC unit investment keeps your energy bills down, gives you reliability you can trust in the summer heat, and extends the lifespan of your unit.