Your air conditioner is key to your family’s quality of life in Raleigh or Cary, North Carolina. But if even one component is acting up, you won’t be sitting as cool as you deserve. Our expert technicians at Sky HVAC are here to help you find the problem and fix it quickly and properly.
Get your free estimate today! Call 704-960-1775 or contact us online today for air handler services in Raleigh and Cary, NC.
What Is an Air Handler?
Your air conditioner has two main parts: the “condenser” sits outside and releases heat from your home back into nature, and the inside unit (the “handler”) is relatively small and can usually be found in an attic or small closet. This air handler moves cooled air through the ductwork in your home and contains a blower along with some other cooling elements.
Signs Your Air Handler Needs Service
Even a new AC can have trouble with the air handler, making your home continue to feel warm, no matter how much you crank the thermostat. Here are a few signs that the problem could be as simple as your air handler:
- No air from vents – If you hear the AC unit kick on but don’t feel a change in temperature or airflow from the vents, the blower could be to blame.
- Dirty filters – A dirty air filter will cause significant problems by overworking your HVAC unit, causing components to break.
- Frozen lines or coils – Ice from the air handler indicates a malfunctioning blower. Your AC should keep you cold, not freeze itself!
If any of these signs are familiar, call 704-960-1775 or contact us online today for air handler service and AC repair in Raleigh and Cary, NC!
Prevent Breakdowns with Regular Air Handler Maintenance in Raleigh & Cary
Since your air handler circulates air through your home, it is a vital component of your home’s HVAC system. When you call Sky HVAC to inspect your air conditioner annually, we ensure everything is functioning efficiently, especially the air handler. In between tune-ups, you can keep your AC in tip-top shape by keeping your air filters clean and having us replace them when needed.
During your annual air handler maintenance, your local Sky Guys will:
- Check for noise and vibrations that could indicate electrical or mechanical problems
- Lubricate the motor and blower bearing
- Ensure that the motor belt and pulley are working correctly
- Look for damaged wiring or loose connections
- Inspect the unit’s bypass valve
Call 704-960-1775 or contact us online to schedule your AC tune-up in Raleigh or Cary today!