When you’re a commercial property owner or manager, you typically dread the call that tells you the AC isn’t working properly. No one really wants to have to deal with their commercial AC but it comes with the territory. A quick call to Sky HVAC may be all you need to save the day. In addition to residential air conditioners, we are also a Light Commercial HVAC Company. This means that we can service and install HVAC systems in apartment buildings, businesses, and many commercial properties.
Whatever your commercial HVAC needs may be, we’ve got you covered.
- Commercial AC System Installation
- Commercial HVAC System Replacement
- Custom Ductwork and Ventilation Systems
We service and install all major brands including:
- American Standard®
- Mitsubishi Electric®
Still on the fence? Let our past work speak for us. Visit our reviews page to see what business owners in your area have to say about our work.
Proper Maintenance is Always Key
Keeping a commercial HVAC unit running comes down to maintenance. A well-maintained unit will typically require fewer repairs and outcalls than one that is neglected. As with a residential air conditioner, the air filters must be checked and changed regularly. Aside from changing filters, bi-annual inspections should also occur–once in early spring, and once in fall. A few things we look for during these inspections include:
- Drain pans and condensate lines are cleared of any debris
- Switches, safety controls, wiring, and control boxes are inspected
- Fan blades and motor are lubricated and inspected
- Refrigerant levels are checked and refilled if necessary
- Blower assembly and burner assembly checked and cleaned
- Combustion blower housing and ignition system is cleaned
While this is a quick overview of what can be done during an inspection, keep in mind that there are many components to a commercial HVAC unit. This list is not exhaustive, but can give you an idea of the many parts that need to be taken care of and cleaned.
Signs You Need Commercial Air Duct Repair or Replacement
Have your employees been sneezing more often than usual? It may be allergy season, or faulty ductwork could be to blame. Other signs that indicate it’s time to call for air duct repair or replacement include:
- Rattling sounds – You hear rattling while your HVAC system is on. The air duct joins may be damaged. Holes in ductwork means you’ll likely hear loud noises as the air passes through the ducts.
- High energy bills – Having some air escape through ductwork is normal. Typically, when more than 20% of the air is escaping, you’ll notice a rise in your gas or electric bill and it’s time to call to repair those leaky ducts.
- Uneven heating or air conditioning – Faulty ductwork may be to blame when one part of your building seems hotter or cooler than another. Call a commercial duct repair company for the right solutions and avoid unhappy guests and employees.
- Excess dust – While some dust is normal, excess amounts may mean dust from outside is infiltrating through holes in your air ducts.
If you suspect your property’s ductwork is damaged, give Sky HVAC a call to see if commercial duct replacement or repair is the best course of action.
Your Commercial HVAC Company
Don’t wait until your commercial AC unit completely gives out. Let your neighborhood Sky guy inspect your HVAC to inform you of any potential problems! If you are currently having problems with your light commercial HVAC system, don’t hesitate to call–we answer our phones around the clock and can have a technician at your door in just a few quick moments. It’s no secret that commercial properties take a lot of effort to run and maintain, sometimes AC maintenance can be put on the back burner until it’s too late and costly to repair. We offer an HVAC maintenance plan to ensure your unit is serviced and inspected regularly which will minimize the number of repairs needed and the time spent without cool air.