You shouldn’t have to sweat it out when it comes to knowing who to call for cooling services in Cornelius. Sky HVAC makes that decision an easy one as we are available around the clock and around the Cornelius area whenever you need us! We offer flat-rate pricing, 0% APR financing for 48 months*, and are locally owned and operated!
*The Wells Fargo Home Projects credit card is issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., an Equal Housing Lender. Special terms for 48 months apply to qualifying purchases of $1,000 or more charged with approved credit. The special terms APR will continue to apply until all qualifying purchases are paid in full. The monthly payment for this purchase will be the amount that will pay for the purchase in full in equal payments during the promotional (special terms) period. The APR for Purchases will apply to certain fees such as a late payment fee or if you use the card for other transactions. For new accounts, the APR for Purchases is 28.99%. If you are charged interest in any billing cycle, the minimum interest charge will be $1.00. This information is accurate as of 08/01/2020 and is subject to change. For current information, call us at 1-800-431-5921. Minimum purchase of $1,000 required. Offer expires 12/31/2020.
Save even more on your services with our coupons and deals.
When to Replace an Air Conditioning Unit
Don’t wait until your air conditioning unit bites the dust–doing so could leave you without cool air on a hot summer day, or with an unexpected bill to pay. Replacing an old air conditioner might seem silly if it still ‘works’ but there are several factors to keep in mind:
- Age – air conditioners can last up to 15 years, but that doesn’t mean they do. Most units are lasting about 10 years and if your AC is older than that, consider replacing it
- R22 Freon – the government has begun to phase this type of coolant out because it is bad for the environment and not as efficient as newer coolants. If your AC unit is still using R22 Freon, the cost of this refrigerant will only continue to rise, making the new coolant R410A much more affordable
- Rising energy costs – older air conditioning units continually become less efficient. Less efficiency means higher electric bills. Although your home might feel cool and comfortable, the unit may have to run almost non-stop to keep up with the demand
- Expensive and frequent breakdowns – as much as we love seeing our customers, their AC shouldn’t be causing them to call for repairs every other week. As times moves on, the repairs typically get more and more expensive, making it cheaper to purchase and install a new unit
- Uncomfortable home – the feeling of not being able to get cool on a hot day should not translate to your home. When you walk inside, you should feel cool and comfortable without having to stand in front of an open fridge door. At this point, your HVAC unit is not doing its job, not running efficiently, and is costing you major bucks in electric bills and probably repairs
Probably the biggest benefit of replacing your air conditioner before it completely gives out is the fact that you have time to consult with a professional on the best one for your home. Too small of a unit is an issue, but too big of one creates problems too. Our technicians can help you decide on the best size and brand for your home before you’re rushed into a decision.
An Alternative to Air Conditioning
Window units provide a much-needed service. However, most people tend to avoid them because of their aesthetics. If you’re looking for an alternative to regular air conditioning without a window unit, consider a ductless mini-split AC system. These systems allow you to control the temperature in specific rooms or zones and because they’re ductless, they are super easy to install.
Sky HVAC: Your Best Option
Whether you’re looking to replace a current air conditioning unit with a newer, more efficient one or you’re looking for alternatives, your neighborhood Sky guy can help! For all of your cooling and heating needs, we are happy to offer honest and fair service!
Still on the fence? Let our customers speak for us – visit our reviews page today!
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription