Having heat in the dead of winter is not just a comfort, it is essential. Sky HVAC know this better than anyone and wants to make sure you don’t run the risk of going without. We are a full service heating, ventilation, and air conditioning company that is available around the clock for emergency repairs. We are locally owned and operated and believe in doing business the honest way, with flat-rate pricing, top-tier technicians, and friendly customer care representatives.
Save on all your heating needs with our coupons and specials.
Heating Tune-Ups: What You Should Know
You probably wouldn’t drive 10,000 miles without at least getting your oil changed, so why would you skip a yearly inspection of your furnace? Any heating element of your home should be inspected and cared for before the cold winter months. This allows any malfunctions to be identified and will alert you to any major system failures before you find yourself sitting in a freezing house. Whether you’re opting for an inspection or need an emergency repair, our technicians are trained to tell you what the problem is and present all available options for you to make the best decision.
Don’t Hesitate to Call About Emergency Repairs
Sometimes people think they can wait problems out until the morning or until after the weekend. However, Sky HVAC offers 24-hour service for a reason! Waiting to make that call can result in further damage to your heating system, fires, injury, or possibly death. Here are a few instances that you should call us, no matter the hour of day:
- Smell of smoke or chemicals- if you’re smelling things like burning plastic, chemical odors, or smoke, these fumes could be entering through a damaged heat exchanger. It could also be an indicator that there is an electrical issue with the system
- No heat output- in extremely cold weather, having no heat output is uncomfortable. It can also be dangerous and deadly to the elderly and young children
- Screeching or banging- screeching can come from a damaged blower motor and banging can result from improper combustion. Both problems can lead to having no heat output
- Carbon monoxide alarms- if your carbon monoxide alarms are going off, shut your system down and call us right away. It can be a combustion issue or a problem with ventilation.
- Pilot light color- your pilot light should burn blue. If it is a different color, there could be a number of reasons, none of which warrant anything less than an emergency call. Typically it will have to do with combustion or excessive carbon monoxide gas.
Call Your Neighborhood Sky Guy
If you have a catastrophic problem with your furnace that leaves you with no heat or in a dangerous situation, it is important to call a professional immediately. Sky HVAC wants to earn your trust well before this need arises by performing your annual furnace inspection. If we do find a problem with your system, as stated, our technicians will offer all available options. Sometimes replacement is the only option and in that event, we offer 48-month interest-free financing.
Visit our reviews page to see what our long-time customers have to say about our work.