No one likes to be cold. On a chilly winter night, the best feeling in the world is the feeling of being safe and cozy in your home. While we would love to have that feeling, if you’re not careful, you could end up with a broken heater in the dead of winter!
Whether your heater needs repairs or you need a new one altogether, Sky HVAC is here to help! Our heating contractors are knowledgeable and trustworthy, so you can have full confidence in our services.
Our Heating Services
- Emergency Heating Repairs
- Heater Repairs and Maintenance
- Heater Installation and Replacement
- Furnace Repair and Maintenance
- Furnace Installation and Replacement
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Heat Pump Services
- Indoor Air Quality
- AC and Furnace Filter Replacement
- Commercial HVAC
Learn more about us and see for yourself why Sky HVAC is the best heating service company in Charlotte!
Why Should You Replace Your Heater?
In most cases, experiencing problems with your heater is not a reason to throw it out and get a new one, in and of itself. There are times, though, when replacing your heater makes more sense than repairing it.
Not sure if you need to replace your heater? Here are some signs to look out for that usually indicate that replacement is imminent:
- Age – Your heater is more than 15 years old.
- Frequent repairs – If it seems like you’re always paying for heater repairs, you should consider replacing it
- Cracks – A crack in the heat exchanger is a sure sign that you need a new heater
- Loss of efficiency – If your heater is working harder to heat your home it could be driving your energy bill up
- Increasing utility bills – Inefficient heating can cause your monthly bills to go up
How Can You Make Your Furnace More Energy Efficient?
Energy efficiency is important for two reasons. It helps the environment by using up fewer fossil fuels, and it helps you reduce the amount of your monthly bills. People around the world are taking steps to make their homes more energy efficient. Believe it or not, energy efficiency can start with your furnace.
Here are a few tips for how you can make your furnace more energy efficient:
- Install a programmable thermostat, and set it to keep the house ten degrees cooler when no one’s home
- Make sure that your air ducts are in good shape, and that your home is well insulated
- Schedule annual maintenance visits with a trusted heating service company, like Sky HVAC
- Change your air filter at least every three months
- Let sunlight in during the day to help heat your home
Visit our contact page today to learn how you can get in touch with an expert furnace contractor.