Air conditioning units are one of the most expensive appliances that you will buy for your home. Not only are they expensive, but they also serve an important role in keeping you and your family comfortable no matter the weather. Because of this, who you choose to install a new HVAC unit is vitally important. Sky HVAC is the company for the job. We’re locally owned and operated so we understand how important the function of this particular appliance is–Hickory weather can be extremely hot and humid!
Looking for a cost alternative to standard AC systems? Then take advantage of our ductless mini-split AC system services!
Knowing When to Replace an AC Unit
Unfortunately, most people wait until their AC unit is completely dead before replacing it. Many times, they will try to extend the life of the appliance by calling for repeated repairs. The cost of those repairs would actually go a long way toward paying for a new unit and the installation. A common question is how to know when to replace the air conditioner. There are several signs, but the most common include:
- Age – Air conditioners don’t last more than 10 years, maybe 15 years if they are well-maintained. A unit that is around this age that is in need of constant repairs should be replaced.
- High electric bills – Older, less efficient units will drive electric bills through the roof. Replacing an inefficient unit with one that has a SEER rating of at least 13 will save money.
- Uncomfortable homes – If you just can’t seem to get your home cool enough for your liking, it is possible that your unit should be replaced.
- Constant repairs – We may have mentioned constant repairs on an older unit, but an air conditioning unit that is always in need of work, no matter the age, is costing you money.
Benefits of Professional AC Installation
Realizing that your AC unit needs to be replaced is the first step, but what’s next? Sure, you could order an HVAC unit online or buy one at a local hardware store, but how do you know which one is best for your home? Working with Sky HVAC can alleviate this issue and many others. We can help with:
- Finding the proper unit – The correct unit for your home might be smaller or bigger than you think. We know how to properly size air conditioners for all homes so they are effective and efficient.
- Installation – Given the importance and price of your air conditioner, the last thing you want is guesswork when it comes to installation. Tiny details can make a big difference in the efficiency of your unit.
- Warranties – Any warranty that comes with a new air conditioning unit is likely invalid if installed by someone who is not certified. Why risk it?
Benefits of Ductless AC Systems
If you live in a small space and want a more efficient way to stay comfortable during the hot Hickory summers, ductless air conditioning is ideal. Ductless systems, also called ductless mini-split systems, are becoming popular as a simpler, quieter, and a more compact way to cool a home. Here are some benefits of ductless AC systems:
- FASTER INSTALLATION
- PERSONALIZED COMFORT
- INCREASED ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- IMPROVED INDOOR AIR QUALITY
- COMPACT SIZE
- REQUIRES MINOR MAINTENANCE
Benefits of Heat Pumps
Heat pumps are an energy-efficient alternative to traditional air conditioners and furnaces. Here are some benefits of heat pumps:
- BOTH HEATING & COOLING OPTIONS
- CONSISTENT & EVEN COMFORT
- INCREASED ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- GREATER ENERGY COST SAVINGS
Your Best & Safest Bet for AC Installation
Protect the investment spent on your air conditioner as well as the safety of you and your family. Call Sky HVAC for help with choosing and the installation of a new air conditioning unit! We offer flat-rate pricing so you will know the cost before any work begins. We also offer 0% APR financing for 60 months*.
*The Wells Fargo Home Projects credit card is issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., an Equal Housing Lender. Special terms for 60 months apply to qualifying purchases of $1,500 or more charged with approved credit. The special terms APR will continue to apply until all qualifying purchases are paid in full. The monthly payment for this purchase will be the amount that will pay for the purchase in full in equal payments during the promotional (special terms) period. The APR for Purchases will apply to certain fees such as a late payment fee or if you use the card for other transactions. For new accounts, the APR for Purchases is 28.99%. If you are charged interest in any billing cycle, the minimum interest charge will be $1.00. This information is accurate as of 08/01/2020 and is subject to change. For current information, call us at 1-800-431-59211-800-431-5921. Offer expires 12/31/2021. Minimum purchase of $1,500 required.
Our Service Area
Hickory, NoDa, Plaza Midwood, Gastonia, Denver, Huntersville, Matthews, Mount Holly, Cornelius, Davidson, Newell & surrounding areas
For the best in commercial property HVAC installation services, reach out to our team and expect the best service in the Hickory area!