Furnace repair is typically only thought about when your furnace isn’t working. However, at Sky HVAC, we like to promote maintenance, inspections, and tune-ups before the winter months. These practices can help minimize the cost of repairs, energy bills, and help keep your furnace working straight through the coldest nights. Although we do promote these steps, we also understand that things happen and furnaces can break. Because of this, we are also a 24-hour, full service furnace repair company. We are proud to say that we have best-in-class technicians and customer representatives working around the clock for your peace of mind and comfort.
Be sure to visit our reviews page to see what our past customers have to say about our work.
How Can You Tell if Your Furnace Needs Repairs?
Even with regular maintenance, your furnace may eventually need professional repair. We don’t live in a perfect world, after all! Luckily, you have an honest and dependable furnace repair company that is available 24/7 to help!
Look out for these common signs that you need furnace repair:
- Short Cycling – If your furnace runs for a few minutes at a time, then shuts off again.
- Strange Sounds – Rumbling, popping, whistling, or scraping sounds usually indicate a problem.
- Irregular Burner Flames – Flames that are uneven or lean towards the back of the furnace.
- Cracked Heat Exchanger – A crack in the heat exchanger may lead to a carbon monoxide leak. Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause frequent headaches, flu-like symptoms, and even death.
Proper Care and Maintenance of Your Furnace
Ideally, your furnace will be inspected and tuned up in the fall months that lead to winter. Generally speaking you should have your furnace inspected at least once a year to prevent most major sources of failure. Our technicians are trained to spot potential problems and offer every available solution to you. In addition to this, a typical inspection or tune-up can include:
- Cleaning the combustion chamber – this is done because a buildup of soot can cause the corrosion of chamber walls
- Inspecting the flue pipe – any damage to this pipe can lead to carbon monoxide leaking in your home. Carbon monoxide is especially dangerous because it is colorless and odorless. Because of this, the gas is often unnoticed until it is too late
- Oil filter replacement – this filter prevents small impurities from clogging the oil-burner nozzle
- Adjusting burners and testing efficiency – our technicians will set up a combustion analyzer. What we look for during this process is how much gas is escaping into the exhaust flue. This tells us how efficiently your unit is running and what adjustments should be made
- Inspecting the burner flames – burner flames should be blue in color. If the flame is yellow it could mean your burner is not receiving enough oxygen or that there is too much carbon monoxide in the area
Call Us for Emergency Furnace Repairs
Even with the best maintenance and care, furnaces can still break. As unfortunate as this is, Sky HVAC offers 24-hour services to ensure your family’s safety and comfort. With that said, many people will try to wait until the next weekday to place the call for furnace repair. Sometimes this is feasible, but if there are young children or elderly that live in the home, this could be a detrimental decision. Hypothermia and frostbite can occur quickly and without much warning. Signs of frostbite can include cold, numb, pale, or hard skin. Hypothermia is typically indicated by shivering, slurred speech, shallow breathing, and weak pulse.
Choose Your Neighborhood Sky Guy
Furnace maintenance and repair is a big responsibility and we would love to be able to help you with it. Our technicians are trained not only in furnace tune-ups and repairs but are also able to spot catastrophic problems that may result in emergency failures. Anytime these issues are spotted, we are happy to give you all possible options in order to best fit your needs.
Keep costs down with our coupons and specials.