A reliable heater is essential for surviving any cold winter. When you are preparing your home for winter, you should consider having your furnace tuned up to ensure your comfort no matter the temperature outside. If your heater does malfunction, it is equally important to know who to call. Sky HVAC is the company for the job. We are locally owned and operated, hire the best-in-class technicians, and are available for service around the clock. Aside from these points, we actually stand by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Want to save more? Use our coupons and deals!
Professional Furnace Inspection
Ideally, you’ll call us for a tune-up before the temperatures outside drop. This will enable us to inspect your furnace, clean the components inside, and walk you through any repairs we need to make. A few things that we will do during the inspection can include:
- Replacing the oil filter
- Adjusting burners and testing efficiency- we set up a combustion analyzer in order to see how much gas is escaping into the flue. The amount of gas can indicate how efficiently your unit is running and what adjustments need to be made
- Burner flame check- burner flames should always be blue. If they are any color but blue, it could be an indication of too much carbon monoxide or too little oxygen
Combustion chamber cleaning- too much soot buildup in the combustion chamber can lead to the corrosion of chamber walls
Know When to Replace a Heating System
Every appliance has a lifespan, and the lifespan of a furnace is typically 16-20 years. Although it is possible that one furnace may not make it to 16 years and the other can make it past 20 years, knowing when to replace it is key. Here are the top considerations of when to replace your furnace:
- Dust- if you are still having a large amount of dust around your vents, it could be an indicator that the furnace cannot clean the air anymore. While this can be a red flag, it is important to keep in mind the frequency that your air filters are changed
- Strange noises- if you are hearing banging or screeching noises from your older furnace, it could mean that components have shaken loose or been damaged. These components may be inexpensive to replace or they could be quite costly. Always compare the cost of the repair to the relative cost of a new unit
- Cold air- the purpose of a furnace is to warm your home. If it is blowing cold air, chances are the unit is beyond repair
A typical equation used to decide if the cost of the repair is worth the money or a replacement is necessary is (cost of repair) x (age of unit in years) if this number is less than the cost of a new unit, a repair may be feasible.
Rely on Sky HVAC
Making the choice to call Sky HVAC will be one of the best decisions you make. If we find that your system needs to be replaced, we will help you choose the correct unit for your home and budget. After installation, we will walk you through the way to maintain optimal temperatures. Of course, if you need, we have 48-month interest-free financing available.
Our customers are our best advertisement – be sure to visit our reviews page today!