The gym is a place you should sweat, your home… is not. Unfortunately, air conditioning units fail at the most inopportune times, usually in the heat of summer. With that said, Sky HVAC offers 24-hour emergency service to ensure your comfort no matter the time of day or night. We are a locally owned and operated company and have chosen to use flat-rate pricing. This pricing technique allows us to tell you the cost of service before the job begins so there is no ‘sticker shock’ when it ends and no stress about if the technician takes a bit longer than expected.
Keep your budget in check with our coupons and specials.
Knowing When to Replace an Air Conditioning Unit
Most people think that they have to wait until their AC unit breaks completely for them to replace it. Of course, you can go this route, but there are a number of signs that can tell you it’s time before this happens:
- Age – most air conditioning units last around 15 years. This is not a hard rule, but an aging average. Many of the ‘newer’ units are not lasting more than 10 years
- Type of Freon – if your AC is using R22 freon, topping the unit off is probably 3 times more expensive than it was just a few years ago. This is because the government is phasing it out in favor of the refrigerant R410A. The cost of R22 will only continue to rise, eventually making it entirely cost-ineffective to use
- Uncomfortable temperatures inside – if your air conditioner is running all the time and the air inside your home still feels warm… your unit could need to be replaced
- Increasing bills – your HVAC unit is one of the most expensive appliances in your home. However, if you’ve noticed much higher bills over the past few months, it is likely due to the inefficiency of your unit
- Frequent calls for repair – we enjoy helping our customers, but we don’t enjoy seeing them waste money on repair after repair. At a certain point, the cost of a new unit versus the cost of continued repair work must be considered
Don’t Do It Yourself
Installing a new air conditioning unit in a home may seem like a great idea for a DIY project. It’s not. The fact is, the installation of a new HVAC system requires knowledge of heating, cooling, electricity, and ductwork. Typically installations also require special tools that can be rather costly for a one-time use. Also, it is worth remembering that a professional install comes with perks like the manufacturer’s warranty being left intact–this is a problem many DIYers face when it comes time for repair work.
Choose the Sky Guys
When you’re dealing with an appliance like an HVAC system that is expensive to purchase and run, it’s important to know that you have a team that can help. Yes, we can install and maintain your unit, but we can also help you choose the best system for the size of your home, your family, and your budget. Many of our customers love the fact we offer a 0% APR financing for 48 months* period, which can significantly reduce the impact of an unexpected purchase.
*The Wells Fargo Home Projects credit card is issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., an Equal Housing Lender. Special terms for 48 months apply to qualifying purchases of $1,000 or more charged with approved credit. The special terms APR will continue to apply until all qualifying purchases are paid in full. The monthly payment for this purchase will be the amount that will pay for the purchase in full in equal payments during the promotional (special terms) period. The APR for Purchases will apply to certain fees such as a late payment fee or if you use the card for other transactions. For new accounts, the APR for Purchases is 28.99%. If you are charged interest in any billing cycle, the minimum interest charge will be $1.00. This information is accurate as of 08/01/2020 and is subject to change. For current information, call us at 1-800-431-5921. Minimum purchase of $1,000 required. Offer expires 12/31/2020.
Visit our reviews page before scheduling your next appointment for honest reviews about our work.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription