Taking the time to maintain your heating system pays off in energy savings, reliability, and an extended system life span. Furnaces require regular cleanings, inspections, and tune-ups so that all the parts involved in regular operation stay secure and fixed. Most furnaces require annual maintenance and inspection to support the requirements of their warranty as well.
The certified and insured HVAC technicians at Sky HVAC work with our Raleigh customers to maintain and repair heating systems to prepare them for the heating season. Contact Sky HVAC today at 919-205-3413 919-205-3413 to schedule a service visit.
What Happens During a Heating Tune-Up Visit?
Understanding what is involved in a heating tune-up visit underscores its importance. Your expert Sky HVAC technician will perform the following essential duties:
- Assess and adjust fan belt tension.
- Evaluate the voltage and currents.
- Lubricate bearings and other components.
- Tighten all electrical connections.
- Check the heat exchanger.
- Analyze the exhaust system.
- Clean the burner and check its state.
- Review and adjust gas pressure.
- Test ignition system.
- Verify connections to gas or oil lines.
- Test and check system controls.
- Inspect condensate drain and remove debris.
- Clean inside and outside of the furnace.
- Place a new air filter.
- Test carbon monoxide levels.
- Calibrate the thermostat.
A comprehensive evaluation of your heating system ensures that all parts are in working order so that you can have peace of mind that your system is ready to go.
How Often Does a Heating System Need a Tune-Up?
You should schedule an HVAC inspection and tune-up for your heating system at least once a year to support performance and efficiency. Even if you aren’t noticing any issues with your heating unit, heating experts inspect, clean, and service your system so that it is ready to operate and can be counted on to do its job. Your furnace accumulates dirt and dust that affect the correct operation of condensing coils and filters. A neglected heating system loses approximately 5% of its normal operating efficiency each year from sediment buildup.
Help your heating system operate at peak performance and enjoy lower energy bills with a heating system tune-up. Contact Sky HVAC today at 919-205-3413 919-205-3413 to schedule a qualified HVAC technician.
What Are the Benefits of a Heating Tune-Up & Inspection?
Still not sure if a heating system tune-up is worth the effort? Consider the following benefits you can enjoy from making the call to Sky HVAC for a heating tune-up appointment:
- Increased energy efficiency. A cleaned, tuned system works better, saving you money on heating bills.
- Improved comfort. Heating systems that are primed for peak performance can offer more comfort to the whole house.
- Prevent total system breakdowns. Taking care of minor issues avoids costly, inconvenient breakdowns during the heating season.
- Better air quality and safety. A clean and serviced furnace will produce cleaner air and reduce pollution levels in your home. Poorly maintained furnaces contribute to mold and indoor pollution that can lead to illness.
- Extend the life span of your furnace. The average life span of a furnace is between 15 to 20 years but can be even longer if it is well maintained.
- Maintains the product warranty. Most furnaces require annual maintenance to support the product warranty.
Let Sky HVAC oversee your heating maintenance in Raleigh while enjoying lower utility bills, priority service, and more with our Energy Saving Agreement. Our Energy Saving Agreement incorporates precision tune-ups and semiannual professional cleaning services, reducing the need for costly repairs and extending the life span of your heating system.
How Can I Maintain My Heating System In Between Visits?
Raleigh homeowners can support the healthy operation of their heating system in between heating maintenance visits by performing the following steps:
- Check the air filter every month and change it if needed.
- Allow for proper airflow around your outdoor condenser unit by keeping vegetation trimmed and removing any tree branches that could get in the way. (Your outdoor condenser unit should have a clear zone 2 to 3 feet around it.)
- Inspect for rodent or insect activity around and in your outdoor condenser unit. Call if you suspect that any animals have nested inside your unit. Animals can damage wiring by chewing it and adding debris to your unit’s interior, affecting performance.
- Check your thermostat to make sure it is maintaining proper temperatures throughout your home.
- Inspect your vents and vacuum registers to remove debris.
- Perform a visual inspection of your furnace to assess for damage. Also, listen for any clanking, banging, or grinding noises, which could indicate the need for a heating repair.
Why Choose Sky HVAC for Heating Maintenance?
Sky HVAC provides you with the quality workmanship you need to keep your furnace in tiptop shape. We make customers for life because we also offer:
- Licensed, insured, and friendly technicians
- Flat-rate pricing
- 24/7 emergency services
- 100% guarantee on all our work
- Locally owned and operated company values